In this article:
The "Role Permissions" page is where you can define product access control and select landing page by different user roles.
A role specifies which areas of the product a user with that role can access and what types of actions he/she can perform.
Natero Seats and Default Roles
In Natero, there are two paid seats:
- CSM seat: CSM seat can take a role that has the Customer Success Manager Seat permission turned on.
- Analyst seat: Analyst seat can take a role with any access permission turned on except for Customer Success Manager Seat.
There are four default role types defined by Natero:
- CSM: This role takes a CSM seat of the product, users with this role are usually the primary users of the product.
- CSM Manager: This role takes a CSM seat of the product and has full access to the product. Users with this role can manage users, configure product settings, view and update all accounts and users.
- Executive: This role takes an analyst seat and can update and view all accounts and users, user with this role might need to login to view summarized data across all accounts and users on a regular basis.
- Guest: This role takes an analyst seat and can view all information of accounts and users, user with this role might only need to login once in a while or as needed.
- Analyst: This role takes an analyst seat and has all the product permissions except for the ability to be assigned to accounts and manage that portfolio of accounts in Natero.
To edit the permission details of a role, click "Edit" for that role and on the pop up modal you can select the default landing page for this role and turn on the items you'd like this role to have permission to. Click "Save" to complete the action.
Please note that if a role has been appointed to users who have accounts assigned to them, you are not allowed to turn off the "Customer Success Manager Seat" for that role when editing it.
To delete a role, click "Delete" for that role. If the role has been appointed to users who have accounts assigned to them you are not allowed to delete the role until the accounts have been unassigned or switched to other users.
Create New Roles
To create a new role, click "Add New Role" on the top right corner. On the pop up modal, name the role, select a landing page, and turn on the items you'd like this role to have access to.
Click "Save" to save the role.
Access Permission Details
Below lays out the details of each access permission option:
Customer Success Manager Seat
- Indicates if the user takes a paid CSM seat of the product
- User can be assigned accounts.
- User can perform the below actions to the accounts assigned to him/her:
- Manage and receive account alerts
- Add tasks to accounts
- Deploy workflows to accounts
- Update account interactions
- Update account attributes
- Configure account settings
Configure product settings
- User can define/add custom dimensions
- User can customize account details page layout
- User can configure account health score
- User can create alert rules and playbooks
- User can create workflows
- User can create email triggers
View all accounts
- User can view all accounts and users
- User can add, delete and modify Natero users
- User can configure role permissions and assign roles to Natero users
- User can configure account assignment
- User can update account attributes
- User can create & update tasks
- User can access account bulk editing and manage account delete lists
- User can add/delete account interactions & notes
- User can send emails and manage email campaigns
Configure data connectors
- User can access organization API keys
- User can access API uploader for bulk update account attributes
- User can manage and configure third-party connections to Natero
- User can enable email campaign feature in Natero