In this article:
Accounts & Users Exploration allows you to gain a quick understanding of your customers by performing basic aggregation and segmentation analysis.
Create a New Chart
To create a new chart, go to the "Chart Explorer" page:
1. The default analytics type is "Accounts Exploration". If you wish to analyze for users, click "New" and select "Users Exploration".
2. Choose a subset of accounts or users by using a defined list from the List Explorer. This is a way to filter down and look only at data from accounts or users that meet certain criteria (defined by the list rules). The default list is "All accounts/users".
3. Select how frequently the data points should be plotted. For example, “MONTHLY” will show only one data point per month, which will be calculated from all the data available for that month. If "NONE" is selected, all data will be aggregated to one data point over the time window selected.
4. Specify a time window over which the data will be plotted.
5. Click "Select" to choose the metric(s) you'd like to plot and specify the aggregation type for the metric(s). Time aggregation defines how a metric should be aggregated for each account over the specified time frame. Account aggregation defines how a metric should be aggregated across the list of accounts selected for the chart.
6. On the same pop up window, you can select a dimension by which the data will be grouped.
7. You can filter the dimension values to limit the data to be shown. For example, you can filter “Feature” to view usage trend for only the key features you care about. Or filter “Stage” to view activity for only the "Onboarding" accounts. (Watch our tutorial video on dimension filter.)
8. Select a chart type for viewing your data.
9. Save the chart. On the pop-up modal, provide a name and description for the chart. Select if you want to save it as "Private" (viewable only to you) or "Shared" (viewable to all product users of your organization). Once the chart is saved, you can view it in the "Manage Charts" section in the "Manage Lists & Charts" page.
Load an Existing Chart
You can view or edit an existing chart using the "Load" action. Click "Load" on the top right corner of the page. On the pop-up modal, select the chart you'd like to view or edit. You can use the search box to quickly find a chart by typing a keyword in the chart name.
When you are done editing the chart, click "Save", on the pop-up modal, you can modify the name of the chart to save it as a new chart or leave the name unchanged to overwrite the existing chart.
If you'd like to start over and create a new chart, click "New" on the top right corner of the page.
Save Query Results as CSV
You can easily export the chart query results as a CSV file. It is useful for when you'd like to leverage your own choice of BI tools for further data exploration and visualization purposes. After loading a chart, click "Export" on the top right corner of the page to download the CSV file of the chart.