The Natero email feature empowers you to nurture and communicate with your customers in a more targeted and automated way.
- As a direct message to users in Natero
- As a campaign which is manually created and scheduled for a specific time
- As an automated triggered email which will be sent to users once they meet a certain set of rules.
To leverage this feature, you’ll need to first set up your Natero email domain.
Set up Email Domain
1. Go to Settings -> IT Administration -> Email Configuration.
2. Specify the domain (that you own/control) that you wish to use for mailing. It cannot already be used for email. We recommend creating and using a new subdomain, like “success.mydomain.com”. Using a subdomain you will still be able to send emails from your root domain, e.g. “firstname.lastname@example.org”.
3. Specify the default "From" address you'd like to use for email campaigns, e.g. "email@example.com" or "Success Team <firstname.lastname@example.org>". Note that you can always overwrite the "From" address later before starting each campaign.
4. This step may require involving your local IT department. Once the above two fields are saved, Natero will generate the DNS records that will enable sending, tracking, and receiving emails. Please use them to update your domain records. DNS records are required to validate the identity of the sender to make it appear that the mail is coming from your domain. These include SPF and DKIM methods of verification. See example below:
Example of Sending DNS Records
- SPF: Sending server IP validation. Used by majority of inbound mail servers. SPF Information.
- DKIM: Like SPF, but uses cryptographic methods for validation. Supported by many inbound mail servers. DKIM Information
- CNAME: Used for tracking opens and clicks, when enabled. Tracking Messages
|TXT||“v=spf1 include:mailgun.org ~all”||SPF (Required)|
|TXT||Find this record in your Control Panel, Domains Tab||DKIM (Required)|
5. After you have setup the records, click "Check DNS records now" to verify the results. Note that it may take several hours for the DNS records to propagate. If you've done everything correctly but still receive error messages, do reach out to us.
Learn how to create an email campaign.