In this article:
- Create New Workflow
- Deploy Workflows
- Monitor & Manage Workflows
- Workflows Dashboard
- Workflows Reporting
Lifecycle workflows are used to track business processes your company follows to move a customer successfully through its lifecycle journey, in an organized and effective manner. They can also be set up to help drive your company's internal objectives and projects.
A lifecycle workflow is comprised of a set of tasks to be completed and key milestones to be achieved with due dates you specify. Depending on the complexity of the product or service, you can create lifecycle workflows that are tailored and deployed to a single account based on its specific needs, goals and timeline; or a set of accounts based on their tier, stage, revenue or strategic value to your company.
Create New Workflow
To create a new lifecycle workflow, go to "Management Center", "Workflows", click "New Workflow".
On the workflow editing page.
1. Name the workflow.
2. Provide a description of this workflow.
3. Define the first milestone of this workflow.
a. Specify the trigger time of this milestone
b. Specify the due date of this milestone
4. Add subtasks to this milestone.
5. Define the next milestone.
6. Add linked documents to the workflow.
7. Save the workflow.
You can bulk deploy workflows to your accounts at the workflow summary page. Click "Deploy" for the workflow you wish to use. On the pop up modal, select the accounts that you'd like to start the workflow for. Once deployed, the workflow will start for that account immediately. In other words, the due dates of that workflow's milestones are automatically set for that account once it is deployed to that account.
You can also deploy a workflow to an individual account at that account's details page. Click "Lifecycle Workflows" tab and click "Deploy Lifecycle Workflows". On the pop up modal, find the workflow you'd like to use for this account and click "Deploy".
Monitor & Manage Workflows
The lifecycle workflow summary page shows you basic statistics of each workflow you've created and deployed.
- Deployed: Shows the number of times this workflow has been deployed to your accounts.
- Completed: Shows the number of times this workflow has been completed on your accounts.
- Avg. time to complete: Shows the avg. number of days taken to complete this workflow.
Once a workflow is deployed to an account, workflows tasks will be generated for that account automatically. Workflow tasks include both a task to track the overall workflow as well as tasks to track each individual milestone.
Natero offers a quick overview of all the accounts that are currently in the process of completing a workflow or have completed a workflow.
Go to "Dashboard" and select "Workflows".
- Account name: The name of the account.
- Lifecycle workflow name: The name of the workflow that's deployed to that account.
- Status: The status of the workflow.
- Start date: The start date of that workflow for that account.
- Completion date: The completion date of that workflow for that account.
- Current milestones: The current milestone this account is in.
- Due dates: The due date of the current milestone this account is in.
Workflow reporting is located at the Team Performance page. It shows trends around how you and your team has been doing with workflows in terms of hitting the target (days overdue or ahead of the target date), average time it takes to complete a workflow and how many workflows are started and completed in each period.
You can also drill down to each individual milestone as well as each individual CSM to gain more insight on where you can further improve your process and how you can better allocate the resources.
View our tutorial video on lifecycle workflows.