Before a CSM can fully leverage the Natero platform, there are a few main areas he/she should consider based on his/her specific goals and priority, so that he/she can use the tool in a meaningful and efficient way.
Here is a quick summary of each:
Account & Task Management
1. Make sure new accounts are getting assigned to the proper CSM.
2. Make sure accounts information are up to date.
- Account ids are properly populated in each system to allow all data of new accounts to be synced properly from third party systems and event source.
- Update account information (e.g. stage, tier, CSM score, custom dimensions) maintained manually within Natero.
- Record/Sync account interactions to make sure you have a full history of account communication.
- Use notes to capture status, feature requests, key facts or important information about an account; and documents to store related documents of an account that you can refer to easily.
3. Build account Metrics charts to include key account KPIs you’d like to monitor on a regular basis.
4. Review and manage all the tasks associated with your accounts at the main Tasks page or at account details - tasks section for each individual account. Make sure task notification is turned on for you to receive the email reminder on new, reassigned, updated and overdue tasks.
Proactive Alerting & Process Tracking
2. Use workflows to track key milestones your accounts need to achieve and/or tasks you need to complete in order to move the accounts from one lifecycle stage to another, onboarding, renewal, QBR etc..
Tracking Account Health
1. Configure account health score to start monitoring account health by key segment.
2. Understand/monitor individual account health score.
Build Key Metrics Dashboard
1. Account segmentation: Define account segmentations based on key account attributes and/or usage behaviors so that you can monitor those lists from time to time.
2. Charts & Reports: Leverage explorer analytics to uncover usage patterns, compare usage trends of those accounts over time; benchmark customer behaviors and understand common attributes among successful, unhealthy, churned and upsold accounts.
3. Create Executive dashboards to monitor company/team KPIs.
Ongoing Account Nurturing
1. Targeted account nurturing: Create targeted email campaigns to nurture accounts based on their specific behavior in Natero.
2. Setup email trigger for automated customer communication based on specific customer criteria.